In case you did not know, we recently purchased a home from the 1930’s (check out our living room reveal here). Today, I will be revealing the next room in our new house: the guest room! Luckily, this room did not need much work. However, I did spend a lot of time trying to make it as welcoming as possible for guests. So, as part of our guest bedroom reveal I thought I would also share my tips for a welcoming guest room with you.
Disclaimer: My dog decided to turn this into her own personal Glamour Shots session. Enjoy 🙂
Paint Color: Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray // Bed: Antique, similar // Night stands: Antiques // Cow Painting: exact, similar, similar // Bedding: Anthropologie (no longer available), similar, similar // Sheets // Letterboard: exact, similar // Cow Pillow: gift, similar, similar, similar// Pillow: Anthropologie (no longer available), similar, similar // Flowers: TJ Maxx
WHAT WE DID:
It is amazing how much of a difference a fresh coat of paint can make. The only work we did to the guest room was to repaint the walls a neutral gray, repaint the trim a bright white, and add window treatments.
5 TIPS FOR A WELCOMING GUEST ROOM:
- Test the room out – I would recommend sleeping in your guest room a few times to see if there are any issues (uncomfortable bedding, noisy fan, etc.). If you aren’t comfortable sleeping there, your guests won’t be either.
- Make them feel special – We change the welcome message on our letterboard every time we have someone stay with us. We like to personalize it for each person so they feel special.
- Give them options – We purposefully have a ton of pillows on our guest bed so that our guests can choose how many pillows they want. We also have a mixture of “types” of pillows – ranging from very firm to very soft. The bed has a thin duvet AND a thick blanket on the bed so that guests can choose what to sleep under.
- Wifi Password – There is nothing worse than lying down at someone else’s house and realizing that you forgot to ask for the wifi password. So, we added our wifi password to the letterboard in our guest room.
- Flowers – Flowers make any room more beautiful and welcoming. You could splurge on new flowers for each guest, or pick up some faux flowers.
I hope that you enjoyed our guest bedroom reveal and my tips for a welcoming guest room. What are your favorite tips for making your guest bedroom more welcoming?
SHOP THE POST:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you in advance if you decide to use one of my links to make your purchase (at no additional cost to you). I sincerely appreciate your support.