Lately, I have been on a huge skincare kick. I realized that all of my “beloved” makeup products look so much better when I take care of my skin. So, I was super excited to receive the new Foreo Luna 2 (retails for $199). For those of you that do not know, this is a waterproof cleansing device that cleans your skin more deeply than just washing your face with your hands. Here are my thoughts about this product:
- Easy to clean – The Luna 2, which is made out of silicone, can be easily cleaned with a little water and some soap. I have not had to worry about old makeup piling up on this product– it feels clean and brand new every time I use it.
- Easy to store -I love how compact this product is and the fact that it stands up. It is also cute, so I am willing to store it on my counter where I am more likely to remember to use it.
- Does not require replacement brush heads– I absolutely love that you do not have to purchase replacement brush heads. It is super convenient and there is no additional cost after you purchase your Luna 2.
- Long battery life – One full charge lasts for 7 MONTHS with the Luna 2.
- Anti-Aging – the backside of the Luna 2 is designed to serve as an anti-aging tool so you actually get two devices in one.
- Made me dizzy – I suffer from Vertigo so I get dizzy very easily. I found that there was something about the vibrations that actually caused me to get really dizzy. DISCLAIMER: I let both my husband and my mom try it and neither of them had any issues with the vibrations. In fact, my husband looked at me like I had lost my mind.
- USB Charger – Some people might consider this a positive, but I found it strange that the Luna 2 comes with a short USB cable charger (so you connect it to your computer, instead of a wall outlet) to charge. I know that you can plug it in to your phone adapter and then connect it to the wall, but I thought it was an interesting choice for a skincare device that most people will keep in their bathrooms. I did really enjoy the small size of the charger, which makes it easy to store.
- Awkward around the nose – The Luna 2 is a little awkward to use around the nose due to it’s shape.
- No Customization – The only problem with the fact that the Luna 2 does not require replacement brush heads is that you are “stuck” with whatever model that you purchased. (FYI, there are 5 different Luna 2 models: Combination Skin, Normal Skin, Sensitive Skin, Oily Skin and even one for men). I received the sensitive skin one, but I would love to have the oily skin one.
BOTTOM LINE: If you do not use any device to clean your skin – you NEED to get one. They do such a better job than just using your hands and you will see noticeable results. If you are looking for something low-maintenance (long battery life, no replacement brush heads, easy to store, easy to clean) that is gentle yet effective on your skin – then you should absolutely choose the Foreo Luna 2. I am hoping that I can get to a point where the vibrations do not make me dizzy. I enjoy the convenience of the Luna 2 and I know that it will not get shoved in a drawer and forgotten about. The battery life is incredible and its small size makes it convenient for travel.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and purchase the product, I’ll receive a small commission.