I recently got invited to a really amazing event: a private sneak peak of the new NYX store in Austin (it is only the 3rd NYX store in the US)! We got to preview the new store before it was officially open to the public. This included meeting the CEO of NYX (OMG), beauty tutorials and makeup touchups. I have to admit, it was pretty amazing to look through the NYX Butter Gloss selection while chit-chatting with the CEO of the company.
After the store opening, we then went to an after-party at 77 Degrees, a rooftop bar and restaurant, and received champagne and goody bags! This is one of the first events I have been invited to as a “beauty influencer” so it was very surreal. Everyone at NYX (their entire PR team flew in from LA) was so nice.
The NYX store was incredible. NYX is known for being a very reasonably-priced brand but this store felt incredibly upscale and high tech. I have included a video below (my first official YouTube video!) that has footage from my Snapchat. Not only was the store very aesthetically pleasing, it also had some really cool technology. There were iPads throughout the store with scanners attached. You could scan any product in the store and swipe through Instagram pictures of people wearing that product. (GENIUS). In the center of the store, there were iPads pre-loaded with YouTube tutorials. Samples of every product used in the tutorial were next to the iPad. The idea being that you could try the products for yourself as you watched the tutorial. I think this is the coolest makeup store I have ever been to.
What I Bought:
The NYX store manager spent about 20 minutes with me teaching me how to do my brows. This is my biggest beauty struggle and she did an incredible job. I decided to pick up everything that she used plus a few other items. Here are the items that I purchased:
- Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown – used to fill in my eyebrows
- Tinted Brow Mascara in Brunette – used to set my brows in place
- Wonder Pencil in Medium – used to “clean up” around my brows
- Pro Spot Concealer Brush – used to blend out the Wonder Pencil
- Pro Contour Brush – used to apply bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks to contour
- Flawless Finish Blending Sponge – I am hoping this is a dupe for the beauty blender, I will keep you updated!
The Swag Bag:
I waited until I got home from the party to open the “swag bag” and I about had a heart attack. I own two of the products included, but the rest are completely new to me. Let me know if you are interested in reviews on any of these products. Here is what was included in the swag bag:
- Color Correcting Liquid Primer in Green
- Shine Killer
- Wonder Stick in Medium
- Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette
- Hot Singles Eyeshadows in Smoke and Mirrors & Club Crawl
- Full Throttle Shadow Stick in Graphic Content
- Two Timer Dual Ended Eyeliner
- Cosmic Gel Liner in Infinite Star
- Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- Doll Eye Mascara in Extreme Jet Black
- Sculpt & Highlight Brow Contour
- Butter Glosses in Tiramisu & Creme Brulee
- Butter Lipsticks in Tan Lines & Heat Wave
- Soft Matte Lip Creams in Monte Carlo, Transylvania & Stockholm
- Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar & Bloody Mary
- Slide on Lip Pencil in Brick House & Nude Suede Shoes
Note: If you do not see a video below, try refreshing. I put this video together because I realized I did not take any photos IN the store (epic fail). The quality is not great but I wanted to show you some of the cool stuff inside the store!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and purchase the product, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you in advance if you decide to use my links!