Thank you to MyMallBox for sponsoring this post!
I was recently contacted by MyMallBox to test out their service. MyMallBox is a package forwarding company that helps ship US products to international users! I know a lot of my readers that are located outside of the United States have a hard time finding some of the beauty products that I review. So, I was really excited to test this service and see if it could be a way for my international readers to purchase US beauty products!
What is MyMallBox?
MyMallBox is basically a mail forwarding company that will give you a US mailing address. This address is actually MyMallBox’s warehouse. You order a product and enter your US mailing address as the shipping address. When MyMallBox receives your package, they will then forward it to wherever you are physically located.
I was given a credit on the MyMallBox site to test out their service. I did run into a few issues. However, it seems that most of these issues were due to the fact that my final address was in the US (as I am physically located in the United States). Obviously, their website is set up to ship OUTSIDE of the US. So, please keep that in mind as you read about my experience.
1st Purchase: Sephora
The first item I tried to purchase was the Hourglass Cosmetics Girl Lip Stylo from Sephora. You have two options when purchasing a product: you can either order the product yourself (and just enter your MBB shipping address at check-out) OR you can have MBB order the product for you. In order to use my MBB credit, I had to have MBB order the product for me.
The “Buy For Me” process was very straightforward. I submitted a link of the product as well as other information (store name, item color, etc) and requested that MBB buy it for me. If you use the Buy For Me option, they charge you a $4.50 handling fee and a 3% transaction fee so I would definitely recommend just purchasing the product yourself.
Unfortunately, I received an email the next day stating “Your Buy For Me order was unable to be processed, due to one or more of your requested stores refusing to ship to package forwarding companies.” MBB provided me with a list of stores that are known to have this same issue, they include: Sephora, Ulta, Urban Decay, Too Faced and Tarte. I was bummed to say the least.
2nd Purchase: Hourglass
I decided to try purchasing the Hourglass Cosmetics Girl Lip Stylo directly from the Hourglass website. Again, I used the “Buy For Me” option.
On February 24th, I requested that MBB purchase the Hourglass Cosmetics Girl Lip Stylo on my behalf. That same day, I received an email from MBB that they had confirmed that they are able to purchase my item from Hourglass (yay!). I paid for the order ($45.65) on February 24th.
For some reason, my item was not actually ordered by MBB until March 1st. The fact that it took a week just to order the product on my behalf was definitely disappointing.
Around a week later, I received an email that my package had been received. The next day, I received an email with my tracking number and was charged $7.99 for my shipment. I received the product two days later!!
What I liked:
- The MyMallBox website is incredibly user friendly and easy to navigate.
- I really enjoyed that MyMallBox communicates with you every step of the way. You always know exactly where your order is throughout the entire process.
- I loved that I received my item just two days after MyMallBox received it. Now, keep in mind that I am physically located in the United States – so it may take longer to ship to another country.
- I like that the service is FREE. If you purchase the product yourself, the only “additional” cost you will incur is the cost to ship the item. MBB has a section of their website where you can actually calculate the shipping rates based on the weight of your item.
- As I stated at the beginning, I ran into a few issues on the site due to the fact that I was trying to ship to a US address. The customer service team at MBB could NOT have been more helpful. They were incredibly responsive and very willing to address my issues (without knowing that I was a blogger reviewing their service).
What I did not like:
- I was not a fan of the “Buy For Me” service and would recommend purchasing the product yourself. I am not sure why it took them a week just to place my order. In addition, I was charged over $5 in fees just for MBB to place my order for me. So, I would highly recommend just purchasing the product yourself.
- I was not able to purchase from Sephora, which is typically where I buy most of my makeup.
Overall, this concept is absolutely genius and much needed. It is so disappointing to me whenever I recommend a product and then I have someone comment on my blog that they would love the try it but that product is not carried in their country. I really wish that I had been able to successfully order from Sephora.
If you live oversees and are desperate for a product that is available only in the US, I would definitely recommend signing up and trying to purchase the item through MyMallBox. US beauty products are typically carried at multiple retailers so you might just need to get creative with where you order the product from!
What do you think of MyMallBox? Will you be using their service? You can sign up for MyMallBox here.